Position: Project Manager, Business Recruitment
Type: Full-time, Direct Hire
Reports to: Vice President, Economic Development
Required Experience: 5+ years
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree + 2 years work experience or equivalent experience in core position functions
Travel Required: Yes – 10% overnight
Salary: Competitive, based on qualifications
Close Date: January 8, 2020
The Project Manager (Business Recruitment) will assist the Vice President (Economic Development) in managing all aspects of the business recruitment strategy including the planning, organizing, monitoring, managing, and evaluating activities and programs. This role supports the development of programs focused on the attraction, retention, and expansion of companies to and within Douglas County to ensure achievement of established goals, initiatives, and objectives consistent with Elevate Douglas’ Community and Economic Development Strategic Plan. This position will work with the Vice President to develop strategic and collaborative relationships with statewide and regional economic development partners including the business and development community, utility partners, real estate professionals, and other key entities.
- Provide Project Support
- Responds to proposals and inquiries from companies, consultants, real estate brokers and regional partners.
- Assist with the coordination of prospect site visits
- Maintain CRM related to projects
- Maintain database of available sites including zoning and infrastructure
- Attends local meetings related to new projects in Douglas County including city and county DRC meetings
- Provide Business Attraction Support
- Assist marketing team with the deployment of marketing materials to economic development partners
- Assist marketing team related to the maintenance of the business recruitment section of the website
- Assist marketing team with social media related to business recruitment
- Provide Existing Industry Expansion Support
- Responds to requests from existing industries who are considering an expansion related to adding additional square footage, acquiring additional space, relocating within Douglas County, and/or adding additional equipment and machinery.
- Provide Events Support
- Assists Events Team with the planning and coordination of events and programs related to business recruitment
- Attends and participates in events related to business recruitment and existing industry
- Performs related duties as assigned
Core Competencies Required:
- Project Management
- Microsoft 365 – Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Communication – oral and written
- Time Management Skills
- Business to Business experience
- Organizational Skills
- Self-motivation, ability to work independently
- Relationship Building Skills, Collaboration Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of full-time work experience specific to Core Competencies
- Combination of higher education coursework and at least 5 years of full-time work experience specific to core competencies
No relocation assistance will be provided. Qualified applicants should submit their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Due to the high level of interest not all applicants will be contacted.
Elevate Douglas, the Douglas County Economic Development Authority, and the Douglas County Chamber are equal opportunity employers, drug free workplace and an e-verify participant. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of background check.